Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Home For The Holidays

I am no longer Homeless =-D. The Move was rough since it came the day after Dylan's traditionally celebrated 21stBirthday. I wound up, through circumstances beyond my control conspiring against me, with a 17 foot U-Haul truck for the move. It was an actual 19 feet or so since the hood doesn't count in their measurements. Strangely enough I was much more uncomfortable and nervous driving that truck than hauling a trailer behind my dad's truck. The be sure I have much more experience pulling a trailer but the U-Haul, in theory, was much easier to maneuver. Either way, with the much appreciated help of Tarang and Austin, we managed to get that truck around town to pick up our various belongings and haul them to Far West. At 9:50PM Friday the 30th of December 2006 we had moved into our new home, just in time for the New Year, Just in time for the New Years eve party we had planned long before actually moving in.

I don't know if anyone has ever tried to sandwich a full day of heavy lifting with 2 full nights of heavy drinking, but I don't suggest it. I was fully drained of bodily energy when the folks started to gather at our place, but Tarang insisted I get plastered since he hadn't ever seen me "Story Drunk". So I dug deep, drug myself off my bed and meandered into the ever more crowded common area. I was invigorated by the pleasant number of lovely young ladies to feast my eyes on, and I did wind up "Story Drunk" by midnight. It was a fun night. I've been told we managed to squeeze 30+ folks in our tiny little apartment. Also, we attracted some of our neighbors in and got good and buddy-buddy with some of them. Our downstairs neighbor did come up to complain at some point but he/she was very p0lite, didn't call the Police and we did quiet down. So all in all our neighbors seem cool. Oh, and we had a /ton/ of redheads. I thought I was talking to the same one all night but it turns out I switched twice and never realized it. In my defense, though, folks say they look similar.

The next day we began the construction of all our new furniture, the purchasing of even more furniture and the unpacking of all those damn b0xes. Our network topology has been designed but isn't nearly physically implemented. I'm geeking out on the fact that we've already physically altered the apartment in permanent and neat ways for our network. I'm hoping to get the network run and setup this afternoon since tommorrow Roadrunner is coming to install our inter-web-tron. Yesterday Dylan got our sound system up and running, the speakers still need to be hung, but Buffy sounds fantastic coming out of those tweeters and woofers. Ideally, by tommorrow evening the apartment will be completely unpacked and setup. Only then can I go get my new hamster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home