Monday, December 26, 2005

I Itch

I found a bug or feature in bloglines system. It turns out that, most intelligently, bloglines caches a local copy of any suscribed blog and polls locally when you visit. Problem is that they do not track post deletions. So if you post something and delete it after bloglines refreshes it's cache of your blog, that deleted post is forever being shown to bloglines suscribers. They do seem to notice when you update.

Question is, what is the proper behavior? Should bloglines keep a cache of the currently public facing posts only? I want to say yes, I mean, if they are already diffing updates everytime they refreash, it would be grossly trivial to remove posts that are no longer public.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha funny you should mention that, I came across the same thing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home