Saturday, December 24, 2005

Photo's Available Upon Request

I proudly acknowledge my participation in our High Schools Webdev team. The Business Professionals of America hold an annual competition for fake business websites. We got 3rd in the state, with the first 2 going to nationals. We were heartbroken, but thats niether here nor there.

In Kingsville, and South Texas in general, 4H is huge. Jesus huge. Our high school was given a 4 day weekend for whatever big event those 4H folks held every year. Our web development team took advantage of those four days ( five days, if you count the wednesday we all played hooky) to do what can only be called hardcore web development. We gathered all of our respective machines into one home, networked them together and worked our asses off for a solid 5 days. Code, fall asleep, wake up at some point, go to Lydia's for breakfast, repeat. We smelled, we were tired, and we produced a solid result.

I also proudly acknowledge my handful of corporate internships. I am valued by our industry. My time is worth an average 25$ an hour + free soda according to the men with checks. I have spent a lot of time I should have been in class in an office coding for some project or other, also, usually, producing a solid result.

I value the memory of the former far more. With the exception of the people working has put in my life I really don't feel any furthured by my experiences in an office. I miss that sweaty leather couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home