Thursday, December 22, 2005

On The Road Again

Seattle-Austin (Via Cali): 3000 miles
Austin-McAllen: 318 miles
McAllen-Austin:318 Miles
Austin-Houston: 161
Houston-Austin:161
Austin-Houston:161
Houston-Austin:161

Total miles driven in the last month: 4924. If you throw in the 2700 miles for the drive up to Seattle, the total is 7624 miles. The not so hidden message is I am incredibly sick of driving long distances. So much so that I am actually bemoaning the need to go back to McAllen for Christmas. I looked up some last minute airfare but it's just to high, even given the premium I place on not having to drive. So I am damned to another round trip to the Valley, with permanency in Austin on the other end.

It's actually not so bad. Those of you out there who've done the long road trip know that you get inured to the miles after your first few thousand. McAllen is 4.5 Hours away; there was a time during my trip from Seattle that 4.5 hours away was "almost there". And, of course, I have good food, a warm bed and family to look forward to again. That won't be the case again until, likely, I graduate. So it's really a blessing in disguise, or the drive is like, the beast at the threshold or some such nonsense.

In anycase, if you have a spare two minutes on your hands tonight, give me a buzz. I'll be more than happy to shoot the shit with you. (previous post notwithstanding, of course =-D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home