Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Khoooooong!

I just saw Kong. It was beautiful in ways that hurt me physically. I'm a real sucker for cinematically pleasing movies, regardless of acting, plot, or boobies and I lustfully drank in every scene in Kong. The bug scene was by far the best thing I've seen in a solid decade. The noises, the viscosity, the claws, the shallow dark, the stubborn stance for life and THE MUSIC! Oh my Jesus the music in that scene was so well choosen. Now I know what mankind as a whole felt when it discovered peanut-butter and jelly as a combination. The marriage was abjectly sexy. I would have preferred if they all died during the bug scene in an Alamoesque stand. Alas, the movie just wouldn't have worked.

Also, the monkey should get a god-damned oscar. Don't give me any cinderella men when that 25 foot silverback gave the performance of a millenia. Cheesy as you uppercrusts may find it, when dude tapped his chest to signify "Beautiful", or "Sunrise", or "Must be this tall to ride" it was all I could do to hold back the muffled sobs.

Sidebar: The title to this post was meant as a humerous reference to the Wrath of Khan. I don't think it works....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home