Monday, January 16, 2006

This Deserves Blogging

Dave can't touch type! To use another's words, that is redonkoulous! A computer scientist of non-trivial repute lacking the ability to type that a retarded 12 year old has nowadays. I am shamed to know him and ask permission to end my own life.

It started me thinking about my typing. I can touch type everything but the FX keys greater than F6 and those weird printscrn/scroll lock/pause keys. Lets make that the standard, eh? I'm calling UTCS's admissions right now. I figure my ability to touch type the numbers and F keys stem from using Vi for so long, so everyone should definitely use Vi, as a furthering of self.

His defense is his late entry into the world of consistent typing, circa late high school. I guess I can accept that. I, like most of you, began my life of touch typing during the late 80's/early 90's period of MUDDs on various bbs's (TAMUK, anybody?) and issuing commands to MSDOS. So technically we all have a good decade of typing on him.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So i've been running some experiments. And i've discovered that i pretty much can touch type, but that i'm significantly faster when i'm watching my fingers. i typed this whole thing without looking, it's just i've never really bothered to practice enough to declare that i can in fact touch type.

 
At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

between aim and my own period in the MUD's (i was on discworld) i got really fast without formally learning to "touch type", but i've got enough muscle memory to do it, i just haven't practiced not looking down enough to officially declare my ability. But i've typed this post without looking down, so i'm mildly competent, i just am faster/make less mistakes when i watch my fingers.

 
At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's one thing that california elementary made me learn it was to touch type ...and on a type writer!!! How crazy is that....but anyway ...see you in a couple hours you silly D&D not watching lost at the appropriate time friend

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Yeah, I am not happy about this particular schedule conflict. I really was going to make somosas too! BLASTED!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home