Monday, January 16, 2006

Duality/School

I've spent large parts of the last two years in both Austin and Seattle. That fact isn't extraordinarily interesting standing isolated, but there are consequences arising that I think are interesting. A good example is my mind's inability to seperate the assets available to me in each city. Just yesterday I suggested, to blinking visages of incomprehension, eating at Yummy Teriyaki and going camping in the mountains. If you've ever explored the open highways of Texas you realize the absurdity of mountain camping in a terrain flatter than a oboe. I also remember a couple of times considering going tubing while in Seattle, another humerous non-sequiter. My devotions thus rent in twain, I stoicly continue life, reconciliation forever out of reach.

The weather is offering a helping hand, however. Where Seattle was cold and solidly cloudly and obstinately dark and forever raining, Austin is warm, and clear skys rain down sun all day long. To be perfectly honest I am not sure which condition I prefer, Seattle's nuclear winter or Austin's drought, but they are starkly different and shove a wedge in my confusion.

School starts tommorrow woo. This semester and any following it will bear no similarities to any of my previous semesters. I've cut off entirely all obligations I've held for so long and plan to work my hardest at not acquiring anymore. I am a self serving creature for the next year or so. I am and will be completely self involved until further notice. That's not to say you shouldn't call a brah if you need help moving or, I dunno, a falafel; but the generic background of all my thoughts will be me. I'm very excited because I love myself =-D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home