Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bored

I have nothing to say but I feel like blogging so here is what I am going to do: I am going to list my classes and write a blurb about them. Hopefully that'll inspire something

English 314j - Literature and Computer Programming
Rocking! This dude who was an engineer at MCI quite and chose to study english. Then he chooses representations of coders as his area of study. Then he makes a class whose reading list includes gibson, stephenson, torvals, mitnick and esr to name a few. The class is essentially a semester long discussion of coder culture and impressions. I am actually unhappy when class ends.

History 320P - Texas
The professor began talking about texas history on November 12, 1914 and hasn't stopped since. They just sort of roll him in and we just pick up where he is at. The TA says he died 30 years ago but his body never stopped spewing facts, apparently his lifeless corpse is kept animated by the will to live he sucks from his students. Flipside: I am learning some stuff about Texas history I didn't know.

Geography 307 - Intro to this human world
This really charming English gentleman teaches the class. I think he might be mildly retarded, but he is funny and sure as shit loves the subject. Also he is very flighty and easily distracted.

CS 372 - Intro to Operating Systems
YES! It's in C and it's taught by Alvisi and those rhyme. The project we've already had was miserably written and at points actually explicitly incorrect and misleading. Trial by fire, I suppose, I learned a lot. Lecture is entertaining and like most CS professors Alvisi is more than willing to answer questions. My last upper-div cs class...*tear*

CS 108 - Intro To Unix
I taught a seminar called "What I Wish I Knew When I Installed Linux". The class is a joke. I just finished the homework wherin I labeled "ls -la *.exe" with "command", "option" and "command argument".

GEO 307 - Intro to Oceanography
STUPID BIG CLASS. It has that CPS clicker where you have to do something to the affect of drowning an flowered cat in the semen of a rightous man to get the fucking thing to work. The Content is Interesting at least.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alvisi is awesome man. Probably one of the nicest professors I had.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home