Friday, March 10, 2006

Beef

On June 2 I will have lived in Austin for 5 years. I feel that such a figure establishes me firmly as a "local"; a title I wear proudly when I take out of staters on the local's tour of Austin. I am familiar with the various parks; intimately familiar with some of them, as I have flown face first into their rocky paths. I know my way around and have eaten at the majority of the restaurants. I've worked /all over/ the city, studied at the university, been to a huge number of concerts, complained about the heat, loved the thunderstorms, biked the commuter's routes, been to SXSW, ACL, and Bikes for Kids, seen the bats, walked the trail of lights, enjoyed Mt. Bonnell (daytime only), seen an express game, been to the Paramount, Zach Scott and PAC for performances, met Leslie, found a moon tower, been in a couple of movies, watched UT play A&M and OU, loved, lost and lived. There is even a bar in the reputable 6th street where I am known to bartenders and bouncers.

I had never been to the Saltlick though, until last night. All I can say is that was way to much meat for one sitting. I'm sick to the stomach and my poors are seeping grease...but it was just soo worth it!

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even more so than Seattle's Ipanema? That was like a salad bar except that the salad came to you and instead of lettuce it's RARE. RED. MEAT.

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Mmmm, funny you should mention that, sometime between now and this weekend I will be at that exact restaurant

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home