Monday, February 27, 2006

Games is fun

I've taken to playing a new game with myself. Basically I spend a few moments coming up with a story for whoever most recently captured my attention.

For example I was in the bookstore and I saw this couple with a crying child. The mother was trying to comfort the child and the man snapped at her to do some specific thing. His tone was annoyed and hers was stressed.

Here is what I came up with: They were married and she had an affair with another man. But, still loving her and knowing she couldn't afford to raise the child alone, he decided to stay and raise the child as his own. He of course had a lot of trouble with this symbol of her betrayal and unavoidably grows short with the child and treats him poorly. Though he treats her very well the mother grows increasingly concerned with her husbands temper with her child. Fearing for the well-being and even immediate safety of her child she decides to leave him. She is hesitant, though, for that would be twice betraying a man who loved her unconditionally.

Then I thought, maybe his motives are darker. Perhaps he was in the middle of an elaborate insurance scheme that involved her death and the appearance of this child put a kink in the works and he was merely bidding his time until he can replan the scheme to include a clean means of ridding himself of this child.

So then I was concerned with the wife's ironic hesitation and decided that as he brought his goons to do the dirty work one of them, who was in love with her, would exact some kind of coup midway and save her, likely losing his own life. OH! and maybe he...he was the father of the child. maybe...

I dunno

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the object of the game?

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

To come up with interesting stories...I guess.

I don't think there is an object of the game, it's more of an excercise in cereberal masturbation

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home