Monday, February 20, 2006

MTB! My one hobby that isn't lame.

Mountain biking season is fast approaching. I think after this last freeze we're having we will be dead into spring! Time to oil the chains, true the rims, bone up the cardio and stock up on first aid paraphernalia. It has been months since I have been able to hit the trails every weekend. Whether it be for weather, or lack of riding partners, or fear of my heart exploding after a good 2 months of sitting on my ass I had no shortage of reasons to stay in. But, after losing my wallet and being forced to ride 7 miles to and from work each day I know I can still ride long distances without dying, the Texas spring will come with the most beautiful weather any man has ever seen, and I gots me a Dylan, an Austin, and a Dave to tap out when I see fit. Shame Long is out of town.

So look forward to posts about "Endoing" or "Almost dying because I didn't see that damn rock in the creek" or "I did R&P with no brakes" or "Has anyone seen Dave?"

When the summer hits then it gets hardcore. Admittedly it's been a few years since I've spent a summer in Texas. But biking is a hurt and a half under the Texas sun during the summer. Believe me, you walk off that trail feeling like you woke up from a night of heavy drinking, only you're exhausted.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go mountain biking!

Plant yourself back in seattle for good so we can hit up tiger mountain! You can't get me addicted to mountain biking and then just leave me behind!!!

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Hook up with Tan, she still likes it too.

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer to the quesiton of "has anyone seen dave?" is either a) he's a pansy and walked down a part of the trail everyone else rode or b) he tried it and ended up 5 feet away from his bike

hopefully Seattle trained me well enough to be able to actually do R&P without looking like a total moron

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Exactly! Now, come get your bike! it's ready

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home