Friday, January 20, 2006

Strong Bad!

I was a waiter. Waiting was my prefered unskilled job when I needed money to fulfill my luxurious lifestyle of eating and rent. Nowadays I am leveraging my skills of a programmer to great effect and can actually afford a little deluxe. Waiting, however, was the birthplace of many a story that I enjoy telling every now and then.

For instance, one day I and a few fellow waiters at Applebees went down to Chili's in full on uniforms. Right now you're thinking this is going to end in a rumble and a few knifings, or at least an upbeat showtune dilineating our differences and why we should celebrate them, or both. You're wrong though, we just went there for a nice dinner with coworkers after our double. We told the staff there that we had a birthday in our midst and would like a complimentary dessert but that since we were waiters we knew well the hated humiliation of singing to a customer and they were welcome to forego it. After receiving the dessert, we walked across the restaurant, chose a random victim and gathered around her with the dessert and sang our Applebee's birthday song. We were kicked out and our manager was informed of our indescretion.

But, that lady has a story to tell for the rest of her life! =-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home