Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tour

I met with my recruiter and future test with manager at Motive on Tuesday. After getting the offer letter, nda, etc out of the way I was given a nice little tour of the facility. Now, it is rather difficult to describe everything I saw but the phrase "Dotcom Wonderland" comes unbidden to mind. Free drinks, free snacks, free beer, free tae kwon do lessons, a gym, a court, a barbq pit, pool, table tennis, big screen tv, my own office, my own desktop, my own laptop, and my own dsl drop are a few of the perks I was shown.

Perks aside I grew more excited about the work as my manager described it. I'll be working on hardware verification automation framework. That means about nothing, it breaks down like this: There exists hardware (i.e. a network gateway) and industrially agreed on standards that it must adhere too. In a pervasivesque lab tests are run to verify compliance. Those tests are automated by a framework that I'll help mantain/write. At least that's what understanding I have. It seems like really interesting work since I don't have much experience with network infrastructure or Java and I'll be working heavily with both. Also I asked if I could work more hours than 20 before school starts and my manager agreed. He seems like a cool cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home