Thursday, December 08, 2005

I think they do it when the park closes

How small is the world we live in? Much smaller than those vaguely racist animitronic Armenians in the that Disney ride might have you believe. After getting into Austin yesterday and finishing all the business I had to get done I had some time on my hands before anyone I knew was free to entertainment as I so richly deserved. So I meander down to Tazza for a Chai and an internet connection. A little fact about Tazza: It has two big leather chairs, a sea of unaturally uncomfortable chairs and is never without at least 2 people. You can imagine my glee when I walked in to find one of those chairs empty. After ordering my chai I shlub on down and ask the girl in the other leather chair if it was taken. It wasn't and I sat to begin my internet viewing experience. At some point I glance over at said girl to, admitedly, check her out. My creepy leering was suddenly morphed into a visage of piqued interest when I realized she was wearing a Mindless Self Indulgence sweatshirt. She wound up being the second person I've met who had independently discovered MSI besides me. The first being her boyfriend Ben who rooms with T-bag! I shit you not. We've walked the same ground in points a country apart, barely missing each other for quite some time now. She was actually the one who got Ben into MSI. Anyone who can deal with T-bag is ideally suited to deal with me and we got along swimmingly. Turns out we have discussed each other with Ben and Tarang without ever knowing it. So that was a fun little coincidence. She, Austin, Mateo, and I wound up shooting billiards and paying to much money for poor service and mediocre food.

Also, Sarah, her name, is into Lost, indie flicks and theatre. Thats great for me because I left my lost viewing buddies and compatriot indie flick viewers in Seattle.

So yes, my wooden Bosnian, it is a small world after all.

4 Comments:

At 5:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it quite amusing that both you and sarah blogged about this little incident.

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Neat. Link?

 
At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.xanga.com/lizdoll101/402045478/item.html

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, damn austin is reading over my shoulder...what a twat. No, real comment: you're cool and i'm glad we met, because i was in desperate need of a lost watching buddy. Sorry this was not promptly commented. And anyother comment under my name is Austin...soooooooo don't believe it!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home