Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Savannah

Dylan and I got settled on a place to live. It's out in the Far West area. We were just looking but the ladies managing the place kept giving us discounts, a total sum of 1600 with no application fee or deposit. I feel a lot better now that I officially live somewhere again, even though we don't move in until Jan. 3rd.

It's a 2/2 with 850 sq. ft. The bedrooms are actually quite large and there is a ton of closet space available in both rooms. The kitchen is a bit small, but it has a gas stove that makes up for that. The appliances are all fairly new too. Also we are between two floors, so our electricity bills should be low. The place is /much/ nicer than Le Med and we are paying less rent. A total of 707 a month. So I am getting away with 353.50. That leaves roughly 150$ for bills and food meaning, if I do it right, I can live on a 500$/month budget for a total of 2500$ for life until May, which lies well within my savings. Of course, that is assuming a meager life for myself. If I get the motive job (my interview is today) I'll even be saving money this semester and possibly summer. If I can pull that off words won't be able to describe my happiness. In fact, I just did some math in my head, any job that pays 8+ dollars an hour would keep my engines going. Worse come to Worse, I easily make that waiting, so I can really garauntee I save money this semester.

Also, the common area has a piano available to for playing. I most likely won't use it all that much but I'm hoping to get some regular practice on my spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home