Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Nothing Left To Do But Pay The Caterer

I still don't have a solid travel plan. While I often procrastinate I imagine this is a symptom of my reluctance to leave Seattle. I float in an aether of ambivalence. My two minds simultaneously desiring the company of friends in Seattle and Texas. Short of being recruited by the Q I don't see many strings of events that will lead to complete contentment. Pero que sera, sera, as I often say and if anyone is good at dealing with change it's going to be me.

I did manage to accept my looming future and nailed down a solid departure date-time (Monday 11-14-05 5:00am). I figure I can take it easy and roll into Austin by the weekend and then head to McAllen sometime the next week, making with plenty of time for Thanksgiving. That also gives me some goofing off time on the road. I've been told to spend a day or two in San Francisco and, of course, Vegas. I don't know if I will since I'll be alone and, as we all know, I don't cope well with loneliness. Also, when I travel, as poor Alice could testify to, I burn with the desire to put as many miles behind me as quickly as possible. I usually get on the road by 5:ooam or 6:00am and go until evening. It's hard to stop the train, y'know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home