Monday, November 14, 2005

Day 1 (2)

Day 1 of the trip home went smoothly. The Honda was packed up and ready to go around 5:40am. I made a quick stop to fill up on gas before I ruddered southbound. The whole town was asleep, apparantly people in Redmond don't get up before dusk. So I had the entire town to myself, it almost echoed while my breath set flurries of steam into the air. While I leaned on Joycie, waiting for my tank to quench itself on unleaded and admiring the silence I grew lachrymose, some of the previous night's farewells finding their way easily into my most difficult. In retrospect those moments seem so silly but at the time they feel very real, and my detachment does not, so I value them in spite of myself. Humanity is an elusive little creature, isn't it? To be perfectly honest I wish more than most things that I would be visited by those moments while in the company of others. Specific others, but others none-the-less.

I divurge: I regathered my wits and pointed myself Towards Californi-ai-ay, speed set to $LIMIT + 5.

If you ever want to feel passionate hatred for a State I highly suggest attempting to get Gas at an Aarco in Oregon. The process is so dat'blasted complicated with their "full service" law and Aarco's "No-Credit Card" policy. I wound up having to go into the store 3 times for the single transaction of purchasing gas. And not only do they only accept debit cards, but they have a horribly designed POS system for accepting them /AND/ charge a fee. I almost puked half-digested indignation all over that smug little twat's face.

California has a city called "Weed". Now thats worth a chuckle in it's own right, but the welcome sign for the town reads: "Weed Like to Welcome You". I laughed hard enough to slightly veer off of the road.

The Woodland, California Comfort Inn has the worst deskperson I've ever come across. He was rude and unhelpful.

Tommorrow I head for Tucson, or Pheonix, whichever meets my fancy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home