Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dr. Peppers

We got "new" vending machines in our apartment. I quote the "new" because they are actually older, but they are new to us. Jonesing for a Dr. Pepper, I meandered down to the laundry room with 75 cents. When I put in my money and hit the button I got 2, not 1, but 2 cans of Dr. Pepper. When I regained conciousness I decided to get all the cash I had in my apartment and get 2 for 1 Dr. Peppers before they fix the problem.

After a few scenarios were run I established that every other time you buy a Dr. Pepper you get 2 cans. And only Dr. Pepper. So, now I always take 2 dollars down.


That is all

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to You Tube and search for "Evolution of the Dance" You'll love me I promise!!!

 
At 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vending machine in the breakroom here at work does that, too.

Did you test to see if it is selection-independent?

That is to say, does selecting Sprite then Dr. Pepper yield one Sprite and Two Dr. Peppers or does each selection have its own payoff accumulation algorithm where selecting Sprite then Dr. Pepper only gets you to step 1 of the Three Dr. Peppers for the Price of Two phenomenon.

You know what was cool? Having a fridge full of different sodas restocked every day or every other day.

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

HOLY SHIT! That was the tits! I actually found myself screaming requests.

"Sprinkler! Do the Sprinkler"

And then the Tonto part almost had me pass out. ^_^


Serge: I did do that scenario, no success thoug.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Ah, but if I buy 12 pack, I will drink it. Not true of cans in a machine

My per ounce value is lower, but I am drinking significantly fewer ounces.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home