Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Strewn

Yesterday Team Red and Team Black took the court, together, to do battle. A number of trips to the nebulous 'out of town' area and a placid wall of e-silence left Team Red with only 5 players. Officially you are able, perhaps even encouraged, to take the court with only five players. It is not a good idea.

But we few placed toe to the scrimmage to face their many.

We lost. Badly. Worst loss in our history, one player suggested. Black adopted the only strategy they could: run up and down the court as many times as possible and then call in a substitute. His fresh legs run the same plan, over and over and over and over again.

Twice I was mildly injured. By instinct I looked to our bench to inform a team mate that I should be taken out for a moment. No one was there. I could have been in the middle of a heated battle and losing ground, looked up hopefully toward the hill where my ally would have come only to see my last sunset. It was incredibly demoralizing.

On the upside it was my highest scoring game ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home