Thursday, August 23, 2007

iPhone

*sigh*

I look at it this way: With my technolust pushing me inexorably toward Apple I chose the cheaper of 2 evils. So really, if you would allow me, I saved 1800$ yesterday buy purchasing an iPhone rather than a Macbook. When seen from this angle, through this prism, am not I a model of self-restraint? The fact that I didn't buy any accessories for the phone serves as further evidence of my stoic resolve to save save save. So in reality, while the world will decry my weakness I am, in a subtle yet profound irony, a pillar of strength. A paragon of will. A pity of fate, hoist by my own misunderstood yet noble pitard.

It is neat though! I've heard back and forth about the keyboard, but it works beautifully. The proper method of using it requires a blind faith that the phone will understand magically what your mis-spelled peckings were intended to be. Generally it works!

To further rationalize what is probably a completely unnecessary purchase I will mention that I did not have a smart phone previously. As a result the web access stuff remains novel to me. the phones google maps interface is remarkably well put together. I also enjoy having the weather and stocks, two things I /constantly/ check on, in the palm of my hand.

Oh! and the new ipod interface is getting better. I do like the album cover jukebox thing. It isn't all that useful but still fun.

Alas, I am a tester by trade and I have found many a design decisions I question and even a few bugs. Still, I'm ok with this purchase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home