Tuesday, August 21, 2007

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/rfs/402026294.html

400k for a 1 bedroom and it's not even in Seattle! Did this person not read a news article in the last 4 months? Sure it's not exactly a sub-prime area but this is so absurdly high that I wonder if maybe some incipient mania is slowly overcoming this idiot. I can get a good sized 2 bedroom for 300k /in the city/ and while that too is absurdly high it at the very least shows that the seller has a passing familiarity with the current market and, unlike this marble-gargler, reality.

Of course I should mention that this suburban postage stamp is "better than new". I don't know what that means. Perhaps when new the place /didn't/ imbue the owner with the ability to rub his dick on his wallet to produce cash and now that it is better than new it does. Or maybe before an upgrade the place didn't cure MS. Maybe, after some work put in by the current owner, the place is a powerful aphrodisiac to the very rare Peruvian water alpacas whose coat acts as a powerful, and valuable, insulator used by NASA and Toyota.

I swear, if I catch wind of this place selling at that price.....[End Rant]

I just decided to actually look up the prices in the area... He's right on the money. That's some bullshit, 'cause I gotta tell you, Bellevue is not. that. nice. Unless you like baja fresh, neiman marcus and self-entitled white folks. I guess a lot of folks do. I'll stick to the stinky-ass and, evidently, cheaper city.

It's good though, maybe that means demand on the west-side is going down and when I do get my condo it'll be for just under the amount of absolutely astronomical ream you in the ass with the last of your dignity expensive.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM , Blogger Jim Reardon said...

Wait - so some people don't like self-entitled white folks?

Anyway. That DOES seem a bit high for a 1 BR but bellevue is weird. Also, eastside prices are typically on par with Seattle because many people want to live close to work (and there's a huge employer in Redmond, plus lots of companies in Bellevue).

Also check out what The Cleveland was selling for in "downtown" redmond. They actually hit prices pretty close to this and it's in REDMOND which, come on, that's even worse the bellevue. At least they have buildings over 5 stories.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home