Monday, August 20, 2007

BioWail

On a lark I played the BioShock demo at Jim's yesterday afternoon. I figured I could put off lunch a few minutes and give it a whirl.

I haven't been this excited about a games since I played the gears of war demo; the level of excitement more than the timespan being the intended impression. To be fair the games smacks of steam punk, if missing entirely any steam, and I like that weird dystopic, art deco thing. Still, it's getting the requisite rave reviews of any game I eventually play and so I feel comfortable investing the 50 bucks and my afternoon/evenings/weekends for the next two weeks. Wee.

On an entirely separate lark, perhaps a cousin of the previous lark, or a thinner, more graceful acquaintance, I decided I wanted to go dancing. Not the mere palpitating seizures of club dancing, but the more adroit, and enjoyable, prancings of ballroom dancing.

Fortunately we used to go to this place in capitol hill when were but young interns and so we knew a place.

Unfortunately the century ballroom website failed to mention that Sunday's are pedophile night. Usually the place is 21 and up but on the day we go it is apparently 'all high school girls all the time'.

The wind in our sails died and was replaced by a powerful sense of being creepy. Still we bounced back and found the reasonably aged women and danced with them instead. By the end I was just grabbing who was nearest me at the beginning of a song. I'm pretty sure some jailbait made it in during the frenzy.

This one lady I danced with, an older dame, was an incredible dancer. I'd never danced with someone so good, it was like driving a sports car. Slammin.

Fun stuff, everyone had a good time. *glee*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home