Friday, December 08, 2006

Car

I've recently begun to reconsider the possibility of selling my car, without buying a new one. At the apartment I am getting I will be above a grocery store, walking distance to work, across the street from a bus and train station (which, in april, will get me to portland in under an hour), and above a flexcar location. I absolutely will not /need/ the car.

At the same time having the car is going to cost me roughly 650$ a month, after payment, insurance, parking, and gas.

Really the only time the car will even come in handy is when I want to go out with folks somewhere other than Seattle proper. So the case for selling the car and saving that money is strong.

On the other hand: I don't want to. I love my car and I really thing I'll feel constrained without it, even if I didn't have much need for it.

It boils down to: How would I get to Fry's?

In any case I am poorly equipped to make the decision. So I am going to leave the car at my Parents' place for a month and see if I can deal with it.

5 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Blogger Versatile Primate said...

Plus, you are the only one i know with a rack for carrying our mountain bikes!!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

I would keep the rack.

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger crystal said...

And if you sold the bike, how would you visit us?!

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

I won't sell the bike. /AND/ I am considering a motorcycle for that kind of thing. It would be 1. paid for 2. cheaper to insure 3. cheaper to run and 4. free to park.

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Versatile Primate said...

Dude, I am planning on getting a motorcycle too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home