Saturday, July 01, 2006

And Then There Was One

It's always bad news when home calls at 8:00 in the morning. And my Mom tends to call only when someone croaks. At least this time I am not across the goddamned country.

I've never liked the way I deal with death. Perhaps it was being raised that there is an afterlife, but death has never affected me in any significant way.

My Dad was apparently having a fit this morning, an odd image for me to bring up to be sure.

Anyway, Wuelito Alvaro Lopez died this morning at 7:30 after a short-lived recovery from pneumonia. He was my Father's Father and in many aspects near a god to me. Really, any man your Dad calls for advice on how to fix something is worth a little worship.

Grandma Consuelo is really ill too and this ought to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. So stay tuned, I guess.

8 Comments:

At 9:16 AM , Blogger M. Stewart said...

I'm really sorry for your loss, Al. Our prayers are with you and your family.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

That is much appreciated

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Alfonso. I wish you had called me or something...I wish I was there to give you a hug.

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

I wanted to but decided not to interrupt

 
At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean, interrupt me and my sister watching season 1-7 of southpark...never

 
At 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alfonso... I'm so sorry for your loss.. If there's anything you need, please call.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Thank you =-D

 
At 1:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that man. If you need any cheering up in the bitter Tarang fashion, give me a call.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home