Monday, June 19, 2006

Gurgle

Yester day we went swimming and did a little grilling and watched a little basketball and a little Equilibrium. It was fun.

It was also the first time I swam in the pool at our complex so I did not know that it got as deep as 8 feet. I rarely get to swim in a pool that goes over my head because of my height and I got very excited and disrobed as quickly as possible, ran full blast toward the edge and dove head first into the water. It was fantastic!

Unfortunately in my excitement I neglected to remove my glasses; I came to realize this as I flew not entirely without grace through the air toward the surface of the murky water. Before splashdown I had enough time to consider the probability that my glasses would stay on my face; I estimated that my chances were not good.

A moment later I sat 8 feet below water feeling my face and considering what my next move ought to be. I had two options: I ask for help, likely suffering ridicule or I could use my skills of a swimmer and scour the bottom of the pool alone. I settled on surfacing and breathing.

After that, though I began to search for my glasses. It took about 10 minutes of up and down before I stumbled across them on the pool floor. But I found them. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home