Friday, October 19, 2007

Respite

Jim convinced me and Tatiana to do National Write a Novel Month.

The idea is madness itself: 50,000 pages in 30 days are required. By whom? I really couldn't tell you as these faceless literary viceroys do not reveal themselves to the 'help'.

The reason for the emphasis on volume can be easily summed up: If you do not worry about quality you can get your first book done quickly. I presume that 2000 words a day leaves very little time for planning or developing or spelling.

What does this mean for you, dear reader? It means my creative energy will no longer be in ample excess. No longer will I spend hours constructing elaborate sexual scenarios to share in my "Eroticism in Modern America" class or in my "Aberrant Psyches in Functional Society" class or in the bus. Not for a month will I be able to frantically scratch subversive poetry on public buildings by the infamous pseudonym "Martin von Locke". In those 30 days not once will I work on my fantasy rock opera "Tu'lith's Wandering Saga: A Fantasy Rock Opera".

I guess I won't blog either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home