Monday, October 01, 2007

I wanted to use the word 'lecherous' but couldn't find a good spot

5.50$ convenience charge for a 20 dollar concert ticket!?!?

After I settled myself and lowered my monitor carefully from where it sat, above my head, in my hands poised to be flung at whom would be known as the "Plaintiff" had I not awoken from my rage I had a moment to rationalize.

Surely, I began, what seems like an unreasonably high fee will dwarf relativistically and perhaps geometrically with every additional ticket. "That's the ticket" I told myself, pausing only briefly to chuckle at my delightful pun. I would just purchase more than 1 ticket and have anyone who joins me pay for the spares. Simple.

But no, when ticketmaster leaves your online financial avatar's cornhole in ruins it has not finished with you, its unsavory appetites will not be so easily sated. No, ticketmaster is thorough and unfeeling, like an experienced interrogator that has long since made peace with his repugnant methods. You will bleed while he admires the gleam of his tools. He is a master craftsman. He feels the empathy toward you that a carpenter feels toward a particular fine cut of Ash.

Ticketmaster, it would seem, charges you this "convenience" fee as many times as tickets you would like.

Without anymore gilding the lily that is absurd. I will never pay that. I'll take a bus to the showbox and buy the tickets there.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Blogger JT said...

Oh? You'll likely pay a fee for that, too. You're taking up the good ticket seller's time, after all.

It's a crime, I tell you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home