Thursday, March 01, 2007

Healthy Breasts...That Bounce....

Yesterday was payday #2. While the great numbers of Lord Bonus didn't muster under my flag this time around, the deposit was, of course, welcome. While I would like to save the majority of my income I also would like to furnish my apartment. So I've given myself 1 item of furniture a month. This month it seems that item of furniture is a 30$ nightstand from IKEA. It has proven difficult to shake off the unemployed, living-off-of-loans frugality of college life. Stalwart as always, I decided to cross the street from IKEA into a "Mor, Furniture For Less".

Upon entering I was greeted by one of those salespeople you hear so much about. Guys with names like "Chad McDouglas" or "Guy Smiley" or "Chip Merit". I always feel weird about these dudes since we are generally cut from a similar cloth but I have to be slightly on the defensive. Legendary stories of my sales resistance do not actually exist. Kraig, his name was, asked me what I was interested in and I responded "Good-ol' boy office leather sofa".

I've /always/ wanted on of those over stuffed, fancy-pants, hoity-toity leather sofas. I guess that, or a leather armchair, will be my first big-ticket item. Kraig showed me all they had and two of the styles appealed to me. Both were within a reasonable price range too.

I walked out of that place without having bought anything. And those are very expensive items, so I have a lot of reason to pause. But I get feeling that within the month I will have purchased a new couch.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i saw the title of this post, my first thought was "Al is buying a sofa". way to be, man, way to be.

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

*beam*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home