Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What Am I Paying You For?

I came home from Microsoft and went to the advisor and said "I told people I am graduating in December...Make that happen". She clickity clacked on the computer, sucked on her teeth, looked at me and said "Nope...not happening".

As a handful of girls and one very frustrated starcraft player know, I am not one to give up. So I went to another advisor. The advisor of all advisors. Judith Quinney. I told her the same thing and she said "done". After an almost inappropriate show of prowess with a degree plan I found myself well on my way to being graduated.

But believe me when I tell you that I can afford no failures these last few semesters. I've done extraordinarily well so far.

This last semester, though, concern for the future once again reared it's ugly head. Two of my classes I wouldn't care about even without the healthy dose of senioritis Amazon issued me along with the signing bonus: History and Government....and Oceanography.

Procrastination is like masturbation: Fun until you realize you've fucked yourself. I don't even go to these classes. Bad thing? No because they give me the test questions before the test and don't assign homework. 1 night with the review sheet and wikipedia and I stand completely ready for these tests.

So what...am I just paying these professors a metric ass-load of money for my damn health? One is a body with a tape recorder stuck to it's drool soaked chin and the ther one, as I've mentioned, seems mildly retarded. It's some bullshit.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Heh, on the upside I think I am doing well in my Linux class...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home