Wednesday, March 05, 2008

BioShock

I finally found my way to the end of "Bioshock".

I don't feel that my actions during the course of this narrative truly justify the 'evil' ending. I 'harvested' some girls, I did. And while that is, in all practicality, a way of saying I killed them for my personal gain I feel there are mitigating circumstances.

You see, the little girls are protected by a...thing.. called a "Big Daddy". Tennessee Williams never created a character more suited to the name. Early in the game I had to take on one of these metal-clad behemoths with a /wrench/. No, not a magic wrench imbued with runic power by the Druids of the Under Keep. Just a wrench I found on the floor.

While I ineffectually raged against this angered colossus of destruction this 'little girl', who, by the way, I had /just/ seen sucking some essence out of a dying man, this demon with an angel's face was cheering on the Big Daddy. I feel that it was at her behest that her pet monster patted me around the room like a cat's squeak toy.

Given all that you can imagine that the adrenaline was running a bit high when I finally managed to fell this beast. Who wouldn't greedily destroy the helpless demon at that point? I defy you to withstand that temptation.

And I only lost control 1 or 2 times. Out of the 25 or so little girls I saved did the 2 I ripped apart for my own gain really make a huge difference?

I feel that I should have gotten the good ending.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger JT said...

I always knew you were a bad, bad man.

And you at least harvested two of them. You get one freebie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home