Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Purge

I think I've all but decided to sell my TV to Dave. I figure I'll more than likely get a new one anyway and if I do I'll have to get rid of the old one anyway.

But I am thinking crazy things like "What the hell? I'll just get rid of everything." It'd be nice to completely empty myself of stuff and start over.

However, there are some necessary exceptions. My books can't go. I love my books. I would probably do well to get rid of the library Microsoft shoved down my throat. And my copy of "Intro To Oceanography" could probably do more good to some other half-price books shopper. Also, now that I am thinking about it, my library from high school is currently packed in boxes in my parent's attic. I think I'll snag those.

I also probably should keep some clothing. I only really wear 4 of my shirts and 1 pair of shorts and 2 pair of jeans. There is also a rotation of t-shirts involved, but I think I could drop a good pile of clothing at the local Goodwill.

If I get a place with a study the futon frame comes with. I'll get a new mattress but the frame is still pretty good.

I'm on the fence with the kichen shit. All the silverwear and mixing spoons etc are definitely out because I have a line on Pampered Chef (my mom) shit and i'll tell you, thats some damn good shit. I don't know about the pots and pans though. I've had them since Crossing Place and 5 years of loyal service isn't anything to sneeze at. Add another tick in their column for the simple fact that they are in great condition. I don't have the covers though. I don't know where they are and the pot and pan makers apparently do not make replacement covers for lines older than 3 years. I could probably fit some other year's covers. So I dunno.

I have a rocking dining room table. But I think I am turned off to the concept in general. It'll probably go down craig's road.

And the Bed stays.

So that is actually the majority of my stuff. There you go...so It'll be a minor purge.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recall getting rid of something like 5 garbage bag full of clothes to goodwill.

I showed up in Seattle with 2 suitcases full of clothes, my books and comics and my computer.. thats it.

It also helped that i did not own ANY of the furniture I had back in austin and hence was easy to give up

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Heh, I'd like to do that too.

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tarang I think I'm gonna end up doing the same thing...When I look around my apt I am always amazed at how little of it I acutally own. I think I'll have a bed, some kitchen stuff, some clothes...and well hopefully a job and an apt like you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home