Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Poochie

Part of me really wants to get a dog. And what with having kept my plant alive for over 3 weeks that part is feeling more bold. There exists another part of me, what can only imagine is a new part, that is playing the role of the chiding parent: "Dogs are a /lot/ of responsibility. And you are not responsible, clean your damn room and get me a beer." I'm not sure whose parent it is, but there he/she is.

There is a wholly other part of me that reels from the thought of such a commitment. I can barely sign a year long lease with an apartment with out breaking in flop-sweat, who knows what will happen when I consider having the same dog for 7 years or so. Whatever it is, it won't be pretty.

But, the part that wants the dog ripostes, you have money and will never again have so much free time to care for a dog, and you need some exercise donut boy. And it's true. Also, I have no one to go biking with. A dog can't bike (yet) but can run along side.

Also, there is my penchant for naming things, luke my banjo, sh'naynay my bike, joyce my car, Lord Thomas Pheferton III my roomba, and, of course, big confucious and far and away. I could probably have fun naming a dog.

And hell, maybe taking the plunge will help me with the fear of commitment thing and i can finally sign that 2 year cell phone contract.

Anyway, I'm working from home today so I figure I'll go checkout the animal shelter, maybe some dog will strike my fancy.

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Working from home when you live at Uwajimaya is largely a semantic distinction.

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger crystal said...

Look at the cuties!!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8319173

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8393486

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8377339

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8377350

Molly wants a friend!

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger JT said...

The word you're looking for is "riposte," not "repost."

Just thought you'd be interested.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Alfonso Lopez said...

Funny, I was just thinking about that. Generally my wild stabs at spelling are pretty spot on.

Fixed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home